Vice President (VP) of Product
We’re looking for a Vice President of Product who will play a pivotal role in the future of our company. You will be responsible for the vision and product development of both open-source and commercial offerings and lead the Product Management team. You will be closely collaborating with the CTO to define the vision and execute the product roadmap. You will also be in close contact with the Marketing VP, to coordinate Product Marketing activities. This position reports to the CEO.
As VP of Product you will be expected to significantly contribute to the company's strategic planning and ensure that the Product development support the company’s long-term success.
All candidates for this position should have a solid Product Management background and extensive experience managing modern software projects end-to-end. The ideal candidate will also have deep knowledge of the monitoring industry, especially with regard to infrastructure monitoring and packaged applications monitoring.
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of product managers.
- Oversee product planning and the high-level feature development roadmap and prioritisation.
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action.
- Manage the product development and design lifecycle end-to-end: from research, concept formation, development, launch and validation.
- Attract high quality talent to the company and own the hiring process for product managers/product owners.
- Monitor and assess product development sprints and enhancement opportunities.
- Define pricing and competitive positioning for each product.
- Define, represent and communicate product strategy to all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop budgets, forecasts, and product performance metrics.
- Communicate with C-level staff, board members, and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the CTO with regard to the product roadmap and vision.
- Coordinate with the VP of Marketing with regard to strategic marketing plans.
Why join Netdata
- We are a team of industry veterans and senior engineers that prioritize performance and ease of use over anything else.
- We embrace remote work and great work-life balance.
- We are solving hard problems that affect thousands of organisations worldwide.
- We are deeply committed to Open Source and love our community.
- We deeply care about system performance.
When you join Netdata, you can expect
- A competitive salary.
- A generous stock plan.
- To join a venture-backed startup working with some of the most sophisticated investors of Silicon Valley.
- To be part of our world-class team and interact with an amazing community.
- To see first-hand how to grow and succeed in an engineering-first, open source-based company.
- To find a culture that rewards doers.
Netdata is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service or other non-merit factor.
- Proven work experience as a Senior Product Manager, VP of Product, or similar role.
- A passion for product development and extreme attention to detail.
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to make difficult decisions.
- Demonstrable experience leading cross-functional teams through the entire product lifecycle.
- Deep knowledge of the monitoring industry (especially infrastructure and APM) is a very substantial bonus.
- A solid understanding of engineering and technical concepts. An engineering or science degree is a bonus.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.