Netdata is looking for a technical writer to improve our documentation and support our community with high-quality content, targeting developers, DevOps, SREs and system administrators. Help us better communicate how Netdata is the most advanced real-time health monitoring and performance troubleshooting solution in the world, for servers, applications, containers, and IoT devices!
- Write tutorials to help users better understand Netdata’s monitoring capabilities and how they can implement it across their infrastructures.
- Write blog posts announcing new features and explaining Netdata’s capabilities.
- Assist in overhaul and restructuring of Netdata’s existing documentation.
- Contribute to documentation reviews on Netdata’s open-source GitHub repository.
- Write content for other publications on monitoring subjects.
- Assist in creating video content for YouTube and other platforms.
Why join Netdata
- We are a team of industry veterans and senior engineers that prioritize performance and ease of use over anything else.
- We embrace remote work and great work-life balance.
- We are solving hard problems that affect thousands of organizations worldwide.
- We are deeply committed to Open Source and love our community.
- We deeply care about system performance.
When you join Netdata, you can expect
- A competitive salary.
- A generous stock plan.
- To join a venture-backed startup working with some of the most sophisticated investors of Silicon Valley.
- To be part of our world-class team and interact with an amazing community.
- To see first-hand how to grow and succeed in an engineering-first, open source-based company.
- To find a culture that rewards doers.
Netdata is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service or other non-merit factors.
- 3-5 years of experience in technical writing.
- Excellent written communication skills, in particular, a proven ability to present complex information clearly via a portfolio of published tutorials.
- Ability to work independently in a remote-first work environment.
- Familiarity with writing content in Markdown, and using Git and GitHub for both version control and project management.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and other container orchestration concepts.
- Previous writing on edge/IoT computing concepts, tooling, and frameworks.
- An understanding of the current landscape of systems/application monitoring solutions.
- Familiarity with creating and using testing/virtualization environments to test different configurations and integrations quickly.
- Previous work with an open-source project