Technical Product Manager
We’re looking for a Product Manager to assist with the technical side of product management at Netdata. Reporting to the Director of Technical Product Management, you will collaborate with company executives, engineering, marketing and the product team with focus on delivering parts of the product roadmap.
All candidates for this position should have a solid Product Management background and extensive experience managing modern software products end-to-end. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of the monitoring industry, especially with regard to infrastructure monitoring.
- Identify user pain points, influence the product roadmap.
- Consistently communicate with Netdata users and customers, and channel their feedback into the product roadmap. Understand the problem space and validate the solutions
- Perform market/competitive analysis and use analytics to take informed decisions.
- Deliver part of the roadmap and manage priorities.
- Create specifications for new features and products. Ship differentiated solutions that solve real and pervasive user problems.
- Collaborate with engineers, product designers, analysts and various other stakeholders.
- Ship quality products and test the features you define to ensure that they are up to standards.
- Work with marketing on product and solutions positioning. Explain the value proposition with white papers, blog posts.
- Help drive the development of roadmap features with the design and engineering teams.
- You have at least 3 years of Product Management experience and have strong experience in delivering/shipping software.
- You have strong IT background and working experience with IT infrastructures or packaged applications.
- You are familiar with Linux systems.
- You are aware of IT monitoring solutions. Even better if you have experience with using some.
- You are an excellent communicator, you can channel multiple points-of-view.
- You have analytical skills, you can identify and solve user problems.
- You can lead without authority.
- Bonus points if you you know a thing or two about Cloud infrastructures, APIs, and Open Source.
Why join Netdata?
- We are a team of industry veterans and senior engineers that prioritize performance and ease of use over anything else.
- We embrace remote work and great work-life balance.
- We are solving hard problems that affect thousands of users and organizations worldwide.
- We are deeply committed to Open Source and love our community.
- We deeply care about system performance.
When you join Netdata, you can expect
- A competitive salary.
- A generous stock plan.
- To join a venture-backed startup working with some of the most sophisticated investors of Silicon Valley.
- To be part of our world-class team and interact with an amazing community.
- To see first-hand how to grow and succeed in an engineering-first, open source-based company.
- To find a culture that rewards doers.
Netdata is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service or other non-merit factor.
- Previous working experience as a Product Manager/Product Owner for at least 3 year(s)
- Degree in Computer Science, Business, Marketing, IT or other relevant field
- Previous experience with monitoring software a big plus
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Strong team player
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to detail
- Team player