Technical Marketing Engineer
As a Technical Marketing Engineer, you’ll play a key role in communicating the technical details, use cases, and market positioning of our product suite to our end users, partners, employees, and community. You’ll work closely and collaboratively with the Engineering and Product teams as the subject matter expert for Netdata products.
This is a hands-on role that requires domain expertise in IT infrastructure monitoring with prior experience creating use-case based content in support of various go-to-market initiatives including, but not limited to, blog posts, tutorials, white papers, data sheets, competitive matrices, presentations, and videos/webinars. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience presenting at industry events and in a business development context. This position reports to the CMO.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to provide Marketing with technical direction and validation on any campaign assets that are being developed.
- Conduct hands-on, competitive assessments by setting up products in a lab environment, then producing end-user-ready content based on the analysis.
- Develop use-case based materials that encompass the functionality of Netdata in real-world monitoring scenarios with common systems and applications (ranging from web servers to databases to container management systems, for example).
- Put together reference architectures, troubleshooting guides, evaluation guides, blogs, technical white papers, presentations, videos and demonstrations for Netdata products and integrations.
- Support product launch activities, events, webinars, and partner presentation/training activities.
- Deliver technical sessions at conferences.
- Participate in joint lab and solution development with technology partners.
Why join Netdata
- We are a team of industry veterans and senior engineers that prioritize performance and ease of use over anything else.
- We embrace remote work and great work-life balance.
- We are solving hard problems that affect thousands of organisations worldwide.
- We are deeply committed to Open Source and love our community.
- We deeply care about system performance.
When you join Netdata, you can expect:
- A competitive salary.
- A generous stock plan.
- To join a venture-backed startup working with some of the most sophisticated investors of Silicon Valley.
- To be part of our world-class team and interact with an amazing community.
- To see first-hand how to grow and succeed in an engineering-first, open source-based company.
- To find a culture that rewards doers.
Netdata is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service or other non-merit factor.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Marketing Engineer or similar role.
- Domain expertise in IT infrastructure monitoring.
- Previous experience with open source software preferred.
- A solid understanding of technical concepts. A computer science or other relevant degree is a bonus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner with a global, remote team across time zones