Senior Software Engineer (Go specialist)
Netdata is looking for senior software engineers, with particular expertise and interest in the Go Programming Language to join our distributed (remote) engineering team.
The position is 100% remote, but with your location's timezone limited from UTC -3 to UTC +5.
We are building a modern microservices-based platform to complement our open-source project. As a Senior Software Enigneer you will be expected to program in several languages, focusing on, but not limited to, Go. You will need to be familiar with architecting and developing production-grade microservices and distributed systems, REST, message brokers (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.) as well as writing testable, maintainable code.
- Design and implement cloud-based microservices and APIs that complement our edge agents.
- Write clean, maintainable and testable code.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Operate the platform within our security and privacy guidelines.
- Collaborate with frontend developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Automate tasks wherever possible.
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features.
- Follow emerging technologies and frameworks.
Why join Netdata
- We are a team of industry veterans and senior engineers that prioritize performance and ease of use over anything else.
- We embrace remote work and great work-life balance.
- We are solving hard problems that affect thousands of organisations worldwide.
- We are deeply committed to Open Source and love our community.
- We deeply care about system performance.
When you join Netdata, you can expect
- A competitive salary.
- A generous stock plan.
- To join a venture-backed startup working with some of the most sophisticated investors of Silicon Valley.
- To be part of our world-class team and interact with an amazing community.
- To see first-hand how to grow and succeed in an engineering-first, open source-based company.
- To find a culture that rewards doers.
Netdata is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, military service or other non-merit factor.
- Substantial hands on experience with the Go programming language.
- Proven experience with Cloud-Native, microservices architectures.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Experience with other programming languages (C, Java, Python, Typescript etc.)
- Experience with Google Cloud services
- Experience with Frontend/Web development (HTML5, ES6+, CSS)
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field