Senior Frontend Developer
Netdata is looking for talented senior frontend developers to join our distributed (remote) engineering team.
As a senior frontend developer at Netdata, you will need to be passionate about web technology, declarative/reactive programming paradigms, testable code and extreme performance. You will live and breathe within the Chrome/Firefox/Safari Developer/React/Redux Tools and make sure we deliver a world-class experience to the millions of people using our product on a daily basis.
- Use modern Web technologies and frameworks to develop our frontend platform, components and libraries. At Netdata we use Typescript, React and Redux.
- Write testable, documented code that is highly maintainable
- Develop for maximum performance, compatibility and a world-class user experience, across devices and form-factors.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers to improve usability and accessibility
- Automate repetitive tasks when possible.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and frameworks
Why join Netdata
- We are a team of industry veterans and senior engineers that prioritize performance and ease of use over anything else.
- We embrace remote work and great work-life balance.
- We are solving hard problems that affect thousands of organisations worldwide.
- We are deeply committed to Open Source and love our community.
- We deeply care about system performance.
When you join Netdata, you can expect
- A competitive salary.
- A generous stock plan.
- To join a venture-backed startup working with some of the most sophisticated investors of Silicon Valley.
- To be part of our world-class team and interact with an amazing community.
- To see first-hand how to grow and succeed in an engineering-first, open source-based company.
- To find a culture that rewards doers.
Netdata is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service or other non-merit factor.
- Proven work experience of 3+ years as a Frontend developer.
- At least some experience with TypeScript.
- Experience with React, Webpack.
- Experience with CSS, including CSS preprocessors.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment.)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics.
- Knowledge of SEO principles.
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Experience with Redux, Immutable.js, Ramda and SASS
- Experience with backend development work is considered a bonus
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with analytics tools like Google Analytics or Mixpanel
- Familiarity with graphic-design software (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Gimp, Adobe Suite) and content management systems
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field