Senior Data Engineer
Netdata is looking for a Senior Data Engineer with extensive experience in building complex data pipelines involving a wide range of data types and technologies. Help us build the most advanced anomaly detection, forecasting, incident prevention and alerting system in the world!
As a Senior Data Engineer at Netdata, you will be responsible for a wide range of internal data pipelines that are crucial to our desire to be a product and metrics led company. We have a complex and evolving data architecture so being able to get important insights out of that data as we grow and build out our product offerings will be key in how we decide where to focus our efforts in delivering value to our users. We also expect to have some external facing production grade data pipelines underpinning various ML based features and services we are looking to build and this role will be a core part of these efforts too.
- Build and own the internal data lake that senior stakeholders will use to make business and product decisions.
- Build bi-directional pipelines between our data lake and various third party apps and services.
- Help architect best in class product telemetry and instrumentation.
- Work with our backend engineers to ensure data is a first class citizen throughout Netdata cloud ecosystem.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
Why join Netdata
- We are a team of industry veterans and senior engineers that prioritize performance and ease of use over anything else.
- We embrace remote work and great work-life balance.
- We are solving hard problems that affect thousands of organisations worldwide.
- We are deeply committed to Open Source and love our community.
- We deeply care about system performance.
When you join Netdata, you can expect
- A competitive salary.
- A generous stock plan.
- To join a venture-backed startup working with some of the most sophisticated investors of Silicon Valley.
- To be part of our world-class team and interact with an amazing community.
- To see first-hand how to grow and succeed in an engineering-first, open source-based company.
- To find a culture that rewards doers.
Netdata is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service or other non-merit factor.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience delivering data pipelines in production systems. We expect you to be a competent engineer and comfortable with understanding and implementing high-availability and high-performance systems.
- Familiarity with data engineering design principles, patterns and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability in evaluating, exploring and adopting new tools and platforms as the industry evolves.
- Self motivated, conscientious, with a problem-solving, hands-on mindset.
- Perfectionist where it matters, but also pragmatic, with effective time management skills.
- Team player, eager to help.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with distributed systems, modern software architectures and environments, including Orchestrated Containers (e.g. Kubernetes), Microservices etc.
- Familiarity with Systems Monitoring concepts, tooling and frameworks.
- Experience in building complex production grade data pipelines.
- Open source contributor.
- Agile Development Methodology.